Blog Archive

Saturday, December 8, 2018

Once in a while

I often promise myself to sit down and write. As most promises, this one doesn't happen. Well, maybe 3days long storm is a good excuse to finally make it - after watching too many inspiring (and not really) series and staying one-on-one with yourself for so many hours, it's time to let it out.

Not sure where to start - too many things happen since the last post, so I think I just skip the general recap and get into deep shit thoughts.


Most of the people of my generation are afraid. Afraid not to succeed in life, not to be who they want to be and do what they don't really want to do. We're afraid to miss something all the time: a good party, amazing music festival, a better date, more interesting or better-paid job, a breathtaking sunset. But it seems to me that the most difficult part here for all of us is to actually find out what is that that we all striving for: is it a successful career? a meaningful relationship that makes life easier and not another way around? or is it just the confidence that all that we dreamt about when we were kids finally becomes true?

I've noticed that we're afraid of commitments. Doesn't matter what it is. All these companies offering us big discounts if we decide to stay with them for longer, because what if we change our mind along the way and switch the provider? Mortgages and long terms loans? Pension funds? - No, thank you, all this is for our parents, we are a generation of now, we aren't sure about the future. Relationship? - Does it include emotional contribution and commitment? Then I'd rather pass.

Don't get me wrong; probably if you know me in real life or if you meet me in the bar, you'd get the impression that I'm the person of now as well, where joy and enjoyment of life are in the top of the priorities list. Maybe it's all just this rainy weather that brings that feeling of dissatisfaction and grumpiness.  (to be continued..)


The good news is - there is unlimited amount of beautiful music in this World.



No comments:

Post a Comment